Wednesday 11 June 2014

Tie - Dye : Experiment on fabric samples = Mesh

I have been experimenting with different techniques and materials. I’m looking in to dying different fabrics for my clothing range. I have used two mediums today: 1.Tye – Dye and 2. Coloured Drawing Inks. 
 


 
 
My first experiment was using drawing ink. I have created a make shift washing line to hang my fabrics on. I used a clean container to pore a small amount of coloured drawing ink in. I then soaked my mesh fabrics strip in the ink, until I was happy with the coverage. I didn’t want to hang the fabric over the line so rang the mesh out over the sink to remove some of the access ink. I repeated the same process with three different coloured drawing inks. With the First three pieces of fabric I used a ‘Dip – Dyeing’ process, inspired by my research from Urban Outfitters, Tie- Dye DIY: Techniques blog post. On the Last piece of fabric (Yellow) I used another technique called ‘The Accordion’ I folded the fabric and finished the process by tying with pieces of string. I used two colours on this piece of fabric to create a two tone effect. I hung them all on the washing line for 30 minutes until they were completely dry.

 
My second experiment was using tie- dying, fabric ink. I used the same make shift washing line to hang my fabrics on. For this process I used a clean tray, added a small about of the dying power to water and mixed until I had a suitable none lumpy liquid. I used the ‘Dip – Dying’ method on one piece of my fabric. I used a knotting method, where I tied knots into the mesh fabrics I did this on two pieces of my fabric. I dyed one a single colour and the second piece I used two colours. The drying process to this type of dying was 1 hour, longer than the drawing ink.
 
 
   

 

 

 

 

 


 



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment