Wednesday 11 June 2014

Metallic Research - Vogue vs ASOS

Metallic print is big trend this year as well as hologram prints. The colours can be very bold or simple but still make a statement. Vogue have featured very bright and bold colours from their designers chosen. Mainly gold, silvers and a wonderful shinny green.
 

I have scanned in a image I really like that I can compared to Vogues metallic trend from ASOS magazine. The model I holding a simple statement silver clutch. The colour is not over powering the models outfit, but the colour is still bold enough to make that statement that she wants
.

Metallic prints haven't been a massive trend in the high street yet, but they have been a hit on the cat walk. I think that this is because a all metallic print garment is a bold and powerful outfit. The way that cat walk models look and their posture they can pull off the look. Where as most people wouldn't be brave enough to wear such a bold colour/ print. So I think the high street with just create smaller garments in the print such as skirts or tops and accessories.

No comments:

Post a Comment