Wednesday 11 June 2014

Experiment : Layering Fabrics

 Layering Fabrics - Experiment

I have experimented some of the fabrics I dyed using tie -dye and drawing ink and layered  them up, I also layered some of the samples on top of my metallic fabric to see what the outcome would look like if I was to use them on my garments.
 

Here I have layered the light pink, mesh, the yellow and orange tie-dye and an original piece of the mesh together to see if the colours would like nice layered together. I don't really like the three colours together I don't think that they sit together well. I wouldn't use them three on a garment and layering them up hasn't create any kind of texture or new clothing that would suit the look I am trying to create.  


I have layered the dark pink and light pink with an original sample of the mesh. I really like these three colours together. I would use them on a garment to create a patch work style outcome. The three colours complement each other and aren't too powerful or bold.

 

I had a sample of one of metallic fabric print, it is a multi tone shinny fabric. So I have layered the bright and light pink with the bold orange to complement the whole multi tones on the metallic fabric. I really like the whole colour scheme and would defiantly  use them to create a garment with.





No comments:

Post a Comment