Wednesday 11 June 2014

Metalics - Making process of Hair Scrunchies


I have captured my development process of how I have created my hair accessories for my line. I have used the same materials that I will be using to create my garment with, these colours of materials all link into my trend research from vogue. I wanted to stick to what I had researched as metals are on trend at the moment I wanted to add this to my line, in more chance of customers buying the products.
 

I have used a Ruler, pen and Pins to mark and cut a 50 cm by 6cm in all of my fabrics for the scrunches’. I used the pins to pin and mark the top of my material so I could sew at a 1/2cm seam allowance. Before sewing the material I had to make sure that my bobble / hair tie was suitable before wrapping the material to sew.

 

After sewing at the ½ cm sew allowance and completely going round the whole strip of material till it was secured to the bobble / hair tie. I then used the scissors to cut access thread and also to trim down the access material. After doing this I then need to turn the material inside out to the ‘right’ side of the material.


I then repeated the same technique on my other materials to create a number of different material scrunches’ for part of my line. Here are some of my finished products.



No comments:

Post a Comment