Wednesday 11 June 2014

Monochrome - Image Researchand Inspirational Plan

I wanted to look more into both men and women's wear, I had already done this by looking at Vogue and ASOS magazine on women's wear. I came across this page on ASOS fashion finder of men wearing the monochrome look. When I looked the home page it wasn't mostly monochrome but the individual colours of all black  or a mix of all black with a slight touch of white.



I have analysed a few of the images that I like pointing out what kind of look I'm going to create and how this look has inspired me. 

Inspiration



I really like what this male is wearing, I think his outfit looks classy and stylish. I am quite unsure how this outfit comes to fit under the word monochrome, because it is meant to be a mix of both a white and black garment. However I do like the style of his oversized T-shirt which is looking to be a big trend in men wear this year.

I
 then went on to look at what other males were wearing on the fashion finder site.I have noticed that on ASOS fashion finder most of the males are wearing oversized T-shirt. when I looked at Vogue and ASOS on women's wear they had also created over sized T-shirt, this must be another trend on the market. This male is wearing a over sized white tee, making his look some style of monochrome, but he is not wearing the trend to the key point.







Inspirational Plan - Looking at these images has inspired me to create a monochrome oversized T-shirt look that can be worn by both sexes. My plan now is to create some digital design that have been inspired by these males, on ASOS.


Gallery Visit

I have also been inspired by my recent visit the London Tate gallery. I really found ' Untitled' by Robert Morris inspiring, I like how he has recreated his own work from 1967-8. He has used the material felt and cut in a series of straight lines.



 
 



















 
 
How the material has been cut and how it falls has inspired me to cut into my own garment I'm going to use scissors and cut into the black of my monochrome look garment's.










 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment